Government of Western Australia Drug and Alcohol Office

Overseas applicants

We can offer permanent positions to successful applicants who are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or New Zealand citizens.

However, temporary residents with a valid working visa can still apply and be considered for fixed-term contract work.

Why choose Western Australia?

Western Australia is the nation's largest state famous for its long days of sunshine and blue skies, outstanding beaches, relaxed lifestyle and friendly people.

Read more about WA's attractions and its State Government, or find out more about moving to WA and housing options.


The Drug and Alcohol Office has a diverse workforce that includes all types of people and professions such as:

  • doctors and nurses
  • social workers
  • psychologists and counsellors
  • media and communications
  • administration
  • finance
  • human resources
  • information technology
  • project officers
  • health promotions

Contact us

Contact the Human Resources team for more information on +61 8 9370 0333 or email

See the WA Government Job Board and select Drug and Alcohol Office in the Agency selection criteria to view current vacancies.

Last updated on 11 July 2011