The Mental Health Commission and the Drug and Alcohol Office amalgamated on 1 July, 2015. The joined organisation is called the Mental Health Commission. While a new website is being developed, please visit the Mental Health Commission website for mental health related information.
The Mental Health Commission is accountable to the Minister for Mental Health.
Some of our work includes:
- provide or contract counselling and treatment services
- deliver public health education campaigns aimed at creating a safer drinking culture in Western Australia and reducing harm from illegal drug use
- support local drug action groups and school drug education
- provide education and training activities for workers and volunteers in the drug and alcohol sector
- deliver prevention and early intervention programs including programs for Aboriginal people
- develop and coordinate whole-of-government policies and strategies
- undertake research and publish reports that relate to drug and alcohol use.